CryoPen® Offers The Ideal Treatment for Small Skin Imperfections.
Judith’s Beauty Spot & Skin Clinic is constantly seeking effective solutions to the many skin issues that our clients present to us on a daily basis. Some are obvious major issues such as live Acne or Rosacea then there are the smaller troublesome imperfections that can also effect our lives just as dramatically but are less obvious such as skin tags, warts and blemishes.
We are now pleased to introduce the CryoPen to our catalogue of professional equipment. The CryoPen is an advanced cryotherapy innovation. It is the latest solution for the removal of small skin imperfections giving fast, effective and safe treatments.
Cosmetic procedures such as skin tags, milia and cherry angiomas are no longer being treated by many doctors on the NHS. With our CryoPen we are now able now perform these treatments here at Shrewsbury Avenue for you.
We can tackle small imperfections such as :-
- Skin tags
- Solar lentigo (sun spots)
- Age spots
- Cherry angioma
- Viral verrucae
Procedures typically last from 5 to 30 seconds, so you can be in and out of the treatment room quickly, although with check-in/out, preparation and treatment time around half an hour should be allowed to cover your visit. During any 1 session a maximum of 5 lesions can be treated.
The CryoPen emits a fine jet of nitrous oxide under high pressure which allows us to work with millimeter precision. This destroys the damaged tissue by freezing the inter-cellular fluid, forming ice shards and crystals which rupture the cell membrane, the body then rejects the damaged cells leaving healthy tissue. It is incredibly accurate and practical with no collateral damage to the healthy tissue.
The applicator is held as close as possible to the skin imperfection and then moved quickly above the affected area whilst the fine jet of nitrous oxide is released. This could be from 1-30 seconds depending on the size and depth of the imperfection. For small flat imperfections usually one 5 second cycle will be all that is required.
For deeper imperfections we will continue to a second cycle. A second freeze cycle will begin just the same as the first cycle but for a shorter period of time.
For slightly larger areas we can divide the treatment into several appointments clearing the area over several sessions (please ask for applicable prices in these circumstances).
There may be a slight discomfort as the area is treated with a sensation similar to that of a nettle sting on the skin when the nitrous oxide reaches the nerve ending at the base of the imperfection that we are treating.
Post Treatment and Side Effects
There can be a slight residual stinging after treatment which should subside after around 10 minutes or so. As the natural body defense is to release histamine to the treated area it can become slightly raised similar to a nettle sting or insect bite and feel itchy for a short while.
Cryotherapy is a relatively low risk treatment. There are a few side effects that may occur as a result of treatment, including;
- Pigmentation changes (hypo-pigmentation and hyper-pigmentation) if this happens skin colour normally returns after a few months. As the treated area is usually quite small this is far less noticeable than the original blemish.
- Nerve damage, particularly in areas where nerves lie close to the surface of the skin, on fingers, wrist, area behind the ear. Normal sensitivity usually returns within a few months. Again with such a small area this will hardly be noticeable.
- Shards of frozen ice (minor shards of frozen ice may blow out, they will thaw on contact with healthy skin). We take every care to protect the surrounding area whilst carrying out treatments.
- Hair follicle damage and permanent alopecia (especially when treating an area on sites with course hair). With such small areas this also will be hardly noticeable.
Cryotherapy is a relatively low risk procedure. CryoPen delivers N20 directly to the area and not the healthy surrounding tissue. CryoPen is both CE and FDA registered.
- £25 for 1 blemish additional £5 per blemish thereafter
Judiths Beauty Spot and skin clinic, 19 Church Street, Standish, WN6 0JT, Telephone:07734 308880